“Just Thinkin’ “ September 12, 2019
Horrendous: extremely unpleasant, horrifying, or terrible
This pretty much describes the act of terrorism that came upon our nation 18 yrs. ago yesterday, when the Twin Towers in New York City were come upon by 2 commercial airliners full of fuel. They annihilated these structures that stood representing America’s strength, ingenuity & success as a free & blessed nation. All of it gone… within hours.
Most importantly, innocent - American lives ended in the flash of a moment… not only there in New York, but also in the fields of Shanksville, PA & at our nations base of military intelligence – the Pentagon in Washington, DC. So much destruction. So much despair. So many questions, emotions & losses in just (1) day.
In “Just Thinkin’ “ about this, I can’t help but cry out to my GOD in “thanks” – for the fact that HE has a plan. Thanking Him that He’s got me. Thanking Him that HE understands the evil of this world & will one day end Satan’s dominion here, bringing HIS full authority upon this world. When HE does so my friend… I hope that you are ready!
Be encouraged… evil will end. Pain will end. Suffering will end. And this broken world as we know it – will end!
But until Christ returns, this world will never experience true peace. Satan’s influence is focused on turmoil, destruction & disarray amongst mankind. And that will not change – until he himself is annihilated by our VICTOR – Jesus Christ!!
Are you ready for the evil in this world to be over?
Are you ready for when that takes place, as Christ returns for those who belong to Him?
Do you belong to Him?
Romans 10, so plainly explains how we can know we belong to Him for sure.
(Vs. 9) “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord”, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Will you… have you accepted that your “imperfect” in your own goodness?
- Will you admit that you’ve sinned -- displeased GOD & even others in some ways in this life?
- Will you accept that Jesus died to pay the punishment for your imperfect actions, choices… decisions in life
- Will you accept/believe that Jesus is the only one worthy of being able to pay this punishment
HE DID… and HE IS!
(Vs. 10) “for it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
- It is a heart choice
- In doing so, you choose to allow Jesus Christ… to make you right, or “justified” in your relationship with GOD your Creator!
- This “choice” made with your full heart… compels you to be verbal with others about your choice – and GOD’s grace in reconciling us to HIM once again!
*We were originally made to have relationship with HIM, but SIN broke that relationship*
**It’s why JESUS came willingly – to fix the broken state of our relationship with GOD**
Look beyond the “ugly” of this world… & know that an “eternity of peace” awaits those who belong to the great “Peacemaker” -GOD, thru his son Jesus Christ!
Love ya’s… Pastor Brad